SuperHelp Australia Pty. Ltd. are Registered Tax Agents and are committed to protecting your privacy and your personal information. We maintain a high standard of compliance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) [as amended by the Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) Act 2000].
How do we receive personal information about you?
Personal information about you is provided to us only by you, or by others you authorise.
What personal information may we receive about you?
We may receive the following information about you –
- name, address and contact details
- gender, date of birth and nominated beneficiaries
- employment details such as your salary, superannuation contributions and employment status
- Tax File Number and taxation records
- accounting records, assets and liabilities
Why do we receive this information?
We receive this information to provide you the services you request from us.
How do we use this personal information about you?
Any personal information about you will only be used for
- delivering services to you efficiently and effectively, and
- sending you news, and other information about our activities and general promotional material which we believe may be of interest to you; however, when we do this, we will provide you with an express opportunity to decline receiving any further communication of this kind from us via an opt-out mechanism.
We will not use any of your personal information other than as set out above, unless
- we have your express consent to do so, or
- we have reasonable grounds to believe that the use or disclosure is necessary to prevent a threat to life or health, or
- we have reasonable grounds to believe that the use or disclosure is required by law.
Do we provide your personal information to third parties?
There are some instances when we may need to provide your personal information to third parties. We may use external accountants and auditors to perform the services. We may also need to seek assistance from lawyers and advisors. These organisations are bound by confidentiality obligations to us.
We may need to provide your details to the Australian Taxation Office and other government bodies as required by law.
We may need to provide details of your personal information to your financial advisors, brokers or other professional who are acting for you, with your approval.
We do not sell your personal details to other organisations.